Tuesday, January 19, 2010

There's a book inside of me scratching to get out!!!

Three weeks since my last entry.
Not two weeks since my mother died.
Unexpectedly.
One week ago I stood crying in the shopping mall.
My 2 adult daughters no longer visible and my fractured nerves post funeral unable to cope with being alone, out in the world after three weeks of confinement stroking the fading life from my mothers body, waiting for her final breath.
Now I sit on my third floor balcony, Ubud, Bali.
Mount Batur visible for the first time since our arrival, a clear cool day.
Gradually the stimuli from the outside world arrive without completely jarring and strangers, smells and sights register through the fog.
How long it will take to land and establish the routine I need to focus on more than just these few words I cannot say. But stay tuned as the journey unfolds

No comments:

Post a Comment